- Avoid Fridays, weekends and bank holiday we offer discounts for midweek removals.
- We price our removals on volume to get rid of as much stuff you don’t want taking to your new home.
- Gardens, Sheds and garages can be the biggest cost in a house move as they take up a lot of volume in the vans and a separate van usually has to be used as it has to be separated from household belonging so they do not get dirty or damaged.
- We recommend getting rid of unwanted belongings using a charity, facebook free to collector, eBay or hiring us beforehand to do a waste removal service at a discounted price if you use us for your house move.
- Have everything boxed and labelled downstairs to speed up the process for us a removal company.
- If you are buying a house ensure you take out our delayed key policy. As we understand there can be complications with a sale of a house and the price can escalate if we are unable to obtain the keys by 3 PM.
- Midland s moves are the only removal company to offer a guaranteed policy on we will beat any quote so if you get a cheaper quote lets us know and we will beat it.
- Midlands moves understand that moving dates can change therefore unlike any other removal company we do not take high percentage deposit we take a small fixed deposit that in most cases is refundable.
- Always ensure you book a pre-survey with our team as a fixed price is cheaper than hiring us by the hour.
- Dismantling & reassembling comes at an extra cost therefore if you have the skills try and do this before your move.
Example of why you should avoid Fridays:
Midlands moves were booked to do a move on a Friday and the customer was told the sale of the house was going through that day. We loaded all the vans and waited for the transaction to be completed. However, at 3 PM the customer was informed that there was a delay in the transition of monies due to a mistake on the mortgage contract and before the sale could be completed it had to be amended. At 5 pm our customer was told that the transaction could not take place that day and due to it being the weekend they would have to wait until Monday until they could move house officially leaving them homeless
The team at midlands moves were devastated for our customers, therefore, we offered to keep their belongings in storage until Monday and we would do there move for them for free on Monday.
However, we do not want to see any of our customers in this situation again, therefore, we advise to avoid moving on a Friday if possible and we offer a discounted price for mid-week removals.